Back on Track
So here we are again back in the throws of revising and editing. I finally cleared a hurdle last night and rewrote the “rescue” scene in chapter two. It took me a long time to figure out how I wanted it to read. I sat at the keys several times and nothing came.
Writing for me is very sporadic. Some days I can write a chapter or two and some days I can’t pay a word to show up. But on the days when the words flow like water in a stream I try to take advantage of the situation. Unfortunately, that usually constitutes a very late night and no sleep.
I hope that now the words have come back into my head they stay for a while. I start my classes next week and it would be nice to have viable material each week to work with, especially since I want to start up a new project.
What to do when the words don’t speak to you? Here are some suggestions I use:
- Read – Inspiration can come from the word of others. Just don’t plagiarize.
- Music – Music creates a mood for me. The lyrics tell their own tale that intertwines with my words.
- Talk about it – I talk to my friends. I discuss what I think should happen and get their ideas.
- Blog – I read and write on blogs. There are many great sites out there. Check my blog roll for some good ones.
- Write something else – I use writing prompts from other sites and just write about something else/anything else.
I hope this helps. It helps me. Now back to work for me while the getting is good!