Marketing – What’s working for you?
So, I’ve been back writing, back marketing, trying to build by fan base. Everywhere you turn someone has advise or want to sell you the next latest and greatest marketing “tool.” I’m sure many writers are in the same position as I am. Without the big bucks coming in, the marketing budget is slim to none. I have had the good fortune that much of my promo has been free, rode on the blogs and reposts of friends and fellow authors.
Slowly, ever so slowly, my followers and fans are being to build. A few of the most encouraging promotions have been:
- Book giveaway on Goodreads (cost 2 books plus postage)
- Goodreads ad ($60 over 3 months)
- Like event on Facebook (free)
- Attending Authors After Dark (cost of travel and convention) – lots of readers and book bloggers
- Personal networks (always free to pimp your friends)
- Blog posts (free)
For those of you out there with millions (okay hundreds or thousands) of followers, what are your market secrets?